A real man is willing to serve God and His people. #MenofFaith #ruletoserve #family
Well sometimes it’s kinda about choosing to stagnate because you’ve gone through enough to know that everything will eventually end up like that - stagnant. Nothing ever remains as fun or loving or exciting or overwhelming or passionate or anything for long enough. That is why I can’t blame…
Now I haven’t exactly read or watched the whole news report on this issue but I’ve always been one to shoot my opinions and beliefs out in the open when I feel like I’ve enough bullets in me to do so, so here it goes.
I think it’s just so evil to prohibit two people from getting married just because one or both of them are infertile. God is love – and marrying someone means you are declaring to multiply the love that God had given you through holy matrimony with another person. I think marriage is that stamp that shows your utmost respect and love for a person; sharing the most important thing that defines who you are as a person – your belief in God and your ability to love and commit to something that is more important than just a means of reproduction.
I don’t think it’s right to use a single verse in the bible to slap people with technicalities that you assume can justify your arrogant conclusion (that marrying and not having the ability to reproduce is a sin).
There are so many verses in the Bible that we can’t and shouldn’t ever be technical about. READ.
“Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her as a covering.” (1 Corinthians 11:13-15)
“But if … evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones…” (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)
“If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched.” (Mark 9:43)
“One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the congregation of the Lord.” (Deuteronomy 23:2)
I have short hair. Does that mean I can’t pray to God?
I have so many friends who are not virgins anymore. Should I ask men to stone them to death?
I have sinned so many times in my life. Must I run to the hardware store and saw my hands of?
My parents got married AFTER my mom gave birth to me. Does that make me any less of a Christian?
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.
These verses aren’t to be taken literally and so shouldn’t Genesis 1:28 “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” be.
It is said in Matthew 22:37-40 “Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
And loving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind includes understanding that He is the God of love - above anything else. He’s not just some character from some book entitled the Bible written by some random dead people. You can’t base what He wants or does not want on just one verse.
More importantly, you can’t love Him or your neighbours as deeply as it is commanded in the Bible if you have a heart that runs on selfish understanding, a heart that is out to impose something and use His words as false justification.
And most importantly, you can’t be a Christian if your heart is willing to deprive people of the main reason why Jesus even died on that cross – and that is because of love. Love that is found in the faith we have in Him, love that is found in the relationships we cherish with our family and friends, and love that can be shared only between two people joined in holy matrimony with God.
For Kuya Jay Ross
- si kuya jayross ay mahilig sa SINIGANG NA PIG, lalo na yung GULping asim at mainit na mainit pa.
- idol niya si KOBE.
- sarap na sarap sya sa HAM AND CHEESE na tinapay ng pantasia (sa tapat ng tip-arlegui yun)
- mahilig din sya sa sugong red, sa NAGARAYA.. mani??
- madalas pag walang internet connection sa bahay nila, nanonood sya ng KOREAN MOVIES.
- idol niya din si CHITO. (smp)
- hate na hate ni kuya ang IPIS, yes IPIS, lalo na yung may talent sa paglipad :D
- marunong siyang tumugtog ng GUITAR
- kaya ayun, love niya ang MUSIC
- adik sya! adik maglaro ng DOTA.
- matakaw syang kumain.
- as a student, marunong syang, MAG-ARAL-ARALAN
- syempre love na love niya ang FAMILY niya, lalo na ang cute na si XANDER
- member ng SMP (Samahang men at par)
- BARKADA niya sina kuya Jhonrie (andami nila para isa-isahin)
- kasama siya sa LIFEBOX ng TIP
- madalas umattend ng friday service (dahil wala syang pasok ng friday)
- may kaibigan syang POL ang pangalan (spell matakaw.. P O L) peace :P
- crush na srush niya si ANNE CURTIS at CRISTINE REYES.
- yung mga girls sa baba, yung iba dun naging girlfriend niya, naging crush nia, niligawan, at hmm may patuloy niyang crush kaso pagnagtetext sya, “HU U?!” daw ang reply (ouch) :D
kuya, wala talaga nung sunday. :D
HAPPY HAPPY Birthday kuya. Sorry.. you know i love you. thank you for all your words of wisdom ha esp when bunso is crying na dahil sa thesis? haha Enjoy your day. Continue to worship and honor God. :) muah <3